NEWS UPDATE - a longer closure than expected
Some bad news I'm afraid. Although The Basement is structurally sound and in good spirits the fire damage sustained by the rest of 24 Lever Street was much more severe than we were originally told. Most significantly the top two floors were gutted by fire
and office above us was waterlogged. Their floorboards (ie our ceiling) needs totally replacing.
All tenants of the building have been instructed to vacate the premises as soon as possible for health and safety reasons whilst renovation is completed. Hence the collective clean-up operation is now more of a box up and get out…
We urgently need the following:
• Storage space – can you fit some of our treasures in your attic / cellar / shed / living room etc?
• People to help us pack up and move during the next week or so
• Empty boxes, access to vans, tools for removing fittings, torches and headlamps for working with etc would also all be handy
• If you have any items stored in the basement please get in touch as soon as possible and arrange collection of them
If you can help please
• ring / text the NEW BASEMENT MOBILE on 07925 771017 or
• email email@example.com
WE WILL BE BACK - but the timeline is a little blurry. It's likely to be a few (possibly 4ish) months. We will of course update you as soon as we know anything.
Our apologies to everyone who is inconvenienced by our enforced temporary closure – we will strive to open again as soon as we can.
In the meantime, thanks as ever to all who have shown solidarity, love and practical support, we will return as soon as possible in a stronger and more glorious phoenix style